After smartwatches, it’s now the turn of the wearables to invade the world. Wearables, and in particular, smartwatches are growing in popularity at a tremendous pace. Smartwatches haven’t yet gone mainstream, but, are definitely the future.
Sensing the huge opportunity in the smartwatch space, Google and Apple have announced their own offerings with the Android Wear smartwatch platform and the Apple Watch respectively. This recent development has grabbed people’s attention.
Listed below are the top 5 best smartwatches you can buy right now.
Top 5 Best Smartwatches You Can Buy Right Now
1. Pebble Steel: The Pebble Steel is the best smartwatch you can buy right now. Period. The Pebble smartwatch has been around for a while and has a huge collection of apps to support the smartwatch. The Pebble Steel smartwatch works with both Android and iOS smartphones. Pebble lets you receive smartphone notifications and use your favorite apps right on your wrist without ever pulling out the smartphone from your pocket. The Pebble Steel is priced at $199 and is available in brushed stainless and black matte with an option of leather band or metal band. Pebble also has over 1000 watch faces to let you customize your smartwatch. If you find the Pebble Steel a bit heavy on your pocket, you can check out the original Pebble which retails at $99.
Buy on Amazon: Pebble Steel
2. Samsung Gear 2: The Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch lets you receive calls and make calls right from your wrist. You can also receive notifications from your smartphone and apps on the 1.63-inch Super AMOLED screen. The Gear 2 smartwatch is equipped with a 2 megapixel camera, accelerometer, gyroscope and heart rate sensor. The Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch runs on Tizen operating system and is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablet devices. So, if you are a member of the hardware giant’s Galaxy family of devices, you can have a seamless experience with Gear 2 smartwatch.
Buy on Amazon: Samsung Gear 2
3. LG G Watch R: If Android Wear has caught your fancy, the LG G Watch R is your best bet. The LG G Watch R Android Wear smartwatch is the most polished Android Wear smartwatch currently available in the market. The LG G Watch R has a 1.3-inch Full Circle P-OLED display. It is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.2GHz processor and has 512 MB RAM and 4 GB internal storage.
Buy on Amazon: LG G Watch R
4. Samsung Gear S: The Samsung Gear S takes the next logical step for the smartwatches. The Gear S smartwatch provides you real freedom by liberating you from the smartphone with 3G connectivity. It lets you make/receive calls and send texts without your smartphone. The Samsung Gear S is also the most powerful smartwatch of the lot with a dual-core 1 GHz processor. So far, so good. Now coming to the cons, the Gear S’s 2-inch Curved Super AMOLED display is a little large on small wrists. The smartwatch is also very expensive costing around $400. If the Samsung Gear S smartwatch is out of your budget, check out the BURG Neon 16A Smartwatch Phone. It too has a facility for SIM cards and is available in 7 bright and beautiful colors.
Buy on Amazon: Samsung Gear S
5. Martian Watches Passport SmartWatch: The Martian Watches Passport SmartWatch looks good and includes all the typical smartwatch functionality like viewing notifications, make/receive calls etc. In addition, the Martian Watches smartwatch also lets you send/receive hands-free voice-to-text messages and also use voice commands to create calendar events, check weather, check directions, set an alarm and search the web. If you prefer a round watch face over the Martian Watches Passport SmartWatch’s square watch face, there is the Martian Watches Victory SmartWatch with the same functionality.
Buy on Amazon: Martian Watches Passport SmartWatch
*Apple has announced that the Apple Watch will be released sometime in the first quarter of 2015. Though Apple is late to the smartwatch party, hopefully, it will repeat the magic it has created with the iPhone.
So, if a smartwatch purchase is on your mind, these are the top 5 best smartwatches you can buy right now.