Snapchat is the most popular messaging app among teens and it isn’t so without any reason. It’s a magical app that makes messages vanish after viewing them. You can send a photo, video or text on Snapchat and the message expires after a short time or after the recipient has viewed it. So far, so good. Now, lets get to the ugly truth. You can actually save the photos, videos and stories shared on Snapchat. We have already written about the various methods through which you can save snapchat snaps permanently without the sender’s knowledge.
For folks who don’t like complicated procedures there are various apps available both on iOS and Android that save the Snapchat pics, videos and stories. Listed below are the best apps to save/download the photos (snaps), videos and stories received on Snapchat.
Top 5 Best Apps To Save Snapchat Photos/Videos/Stories On iOS/Android
1. SnapBox: This is hands down the best iOS app to download Snapchat photos and videos. With SnapBox, all your Snapchat photos and videos are saved permanently forever. Whenever you receive a snap, open SnapBox and login with your Snapchat user id and password and all your snaps are saved.
2. Snapchat Saver: Android is also a fairly important platform for Snapchat and a huge number of people use Snapchat’s Android app too. Snapchat Saver is the most popular Android app to save your received messages on Snapchat. Snapchat Saver lets you save both photo and video snaps. You can save photo stories and video stories as well. Please note that snaps should be saved prior to opening them on Snapchat.
3. SnapCrack: The SnapCrack app boasts of some great functionality. Apart from saving photos, videos and stories you can also send snaps from your photo album. There is also a paid version of the app available for $4.99.
4. SaveMySnaps: SaveMySnaps is an Android app that lets you view your snaps as well as optionally download them. Just remember not to view the snaps on the Snapchat app before downloading them.
5. SnapSave: This Android app completely replaces your Snapchat app. You can view and save snaps as well as send snaps from SnapSave. (Update: The SnapSave Android app has been removed from the Google Play Store, but, is still available on the Apple App Store for iOS.)
6. Casper: The Casper app comes from the creator of the SaveMySnaps app. The Casper app is an alternative Snapchat client that does much more than all other apps on this list. The functionality includes the ability to save snaps (photo, videos and stories), forward snaps, apply filters to photos, slide filters, add stickers to photos etc. The Casper app is available only on Android and information regarding the download can be found here.
These are the best iOS and Android apps to save/download your Snapchat photos, videos and stories. Do you use any of these apps or are there other apps that are better than these? Do let us know through the comment form below.